College Admission Process
Make sure you check in advance to see what the requirements are for the college(s) you want to attend. This can be found by calling the college’s office of admissions or going online to the college’s website.
Below is a brief overview of the college admission process:
1. Take the required college entrance examination (ACT/SAT/TSI) and have the score report sent to the school(s) by the testing program.
2. Complete the appropriate application:
a. For Texas public universities/Junior Colleges/Community Colleges, students complete the Freshman Common Application which is available on the internet at www.applytexas.org
b. For Texas Private/Independent colleges and universities, go to the colleges’ websites to find the application process.
3. Arrange to have your transcript sent to the schools. You must request the transcript from Ms. Bays.
4. Apply for housing by completing an application obtained from the Director of Housing at the school. Remember housing procedures and deadlines vary from school to school.
5. Start the Financial Process by completing the FAFSA (see website page www.fafsa.ed.gov on Financial Aid or visit Ms. Bays office).
6. Notify the school you will attend and the schools you will not attend by posted deadline.